Is a gift God wrapped in Green! This year this song was true. I love these kinds of Christmas's when there is no snow and everything is just green. We had a wonderful Christmas this year. We got to spend lots of time with family. It was a little crazier this year because my younger brother Matt got married on December 28th. They came up for Christmas and we had their reception on the 22nd. It turned out really well.
Christmas seemed to fly by way too quickly. A tradition that I want to get started especially now that Emily is big enough now is to make cookies on Christmas Eve morning for Santa. This year we did bake some cookies. Emily wasn't too interested in it, but once she realized she could eat the dough she had a good time.
We started Christmas morning by opening our socks first, and then getting breakfast going. We took our time opening our presents. Santa was very good to us this year. Emily got a baby doll, bean bags, a blanket, tons of Mickey Mouse things (books, and a puzzle), and clothes. She got into unwrapping things this year which is fun, but after a while I think she got a little overwhelmed. So we took a break and had breakfast of monkey bread, eggs, and bacon with hot chocolate.
Nathan and I did pretty well too. My stinker of a husband spoiled me way too much. This year we decided to do a combined present. We got a dslr camera a Canon 60 D along with 3 different lenses. It is going to be so much fun to learn how to use it. My goal is to be able to do my kids portraits so that we can save money that way. There is so much to learn, but I am looking forward to it.
Later that day we went over to my parents house. What a nice afternoon filled with presents, and good food. Emily got Mickey and Minnie Mouse stuffed animals she was so excited! The night before we spent Christmas Eve over at the Gray's such a nice evening. Such good food the boys did a really good job cooking the roast. I was so excited for our gift exchange because I had made Kirsten a really fun sign. I saw it around last Christmas when I was blog hopping, and knew that I wanted to make it for her.
 |
| Making cookies for Santa |
 |
| The Gray boys drinking their root beer (something they have done every Christmas since I have been in the family) |
 |
| Posing with her Christmas sock |
 |
| Yummy Sticky Buns. Tastes just like cinnamon roll centers. |
 |
| When she opened her baby from Santa she sat there saying hello, hello. |
 |
| We didn't last very long with opening Christmas presents and had to snuggle up to watch Mickey. |
 |
| Our new Canon 60 D camera |
No comments:
Post a Comment