Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Beginning

Nathan and I started dating our last year at BYU-Idaho. I don't know what took us so long to start dating especially since my parents moved into his home ward almost 5 years ago, and we always saw each other at school. I guess it was just timing. Right from the first date I think we knew we were meant or each other, but honestly I have to say that I have always liked Nathan from the first time I saw him. I think the stars were aligned for us- our ward boundaries were moved so we ended up in the same ward, and we lived right across the street from each other. We made every excuse possible to see each other and spent every waking moment together.

We took a trip down to Salt Lake City for Valentine's Day weekend which luckily was also a 3 day weekend. This was the first Valentine's Day that I had a special someone. What a picture perfect day. We went to the Gateway Mall where Nathan bought me the most amazing fergalicious shoes (that is the brand) they are purple and turquoise snake print. We then ate dinner at T.G.I.Fridays I couldn't believe that we didn't have to wait in a line for a restaurant. The best part of the day was when we went down to Temple Square and it was only us right before they were going to close. Nathan started talking about eternity and the significance of the temple. I know something was up cause he was super nervous and kept saying "so yeah". We sat down in front of the temple right by the flag pole and the compass on the floor. He said "Before they kick us out there is something I need to ask you, but I can't do it sitting up here." He then got down on his knee and asked me if I would marry him which of course I said yes! I was not expecting that at all! This was the best Valentine's Day ever!!!


(This was taken right after Nathan proposed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment