We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family. We spent it with Nathan's family, and it turned out so nice. The food was delicious, great company, and Emily behaved for the most part. I made Yam Apple Casserole. It is a tasty mix of apples and yams in a yummy sweet mixture. It is a tradition in my family to have that at all the major holidays and this was my first time making it. Nathan and I spent the evening before going to the store, and he was such a big help constructing all of the layers.
You will probably think I am nuts, but on Thanksgiving my mom, cousin Robin and myself made our way to Michaels for the big pre black Friday sale. We were one of the first ones in line and we fought the 'huge' crowd to the cricut cartridges where we were able to fight to get the ones that we wanted. Actually it was the most laid back sale shopping that I have ever done. They opened a half hour earlier then they had posted and there was maybe a dozen people in line. Not quite a mad rush to the bins like last year. We were able to get everything that we wanted and get back to the festivities all within less than an hour. We did the early early morning sales too. Fortunately for me all of my shopping didn't take very long, and I did not have to stand in line for very long.
No comments:
Post a Comment