Valentine's Day was a little different for us than the past couple of years. Our first one together Nathan proposed (you can read about it here) so this day is always a special one for us, and last year it was just the two of us.
This year we decided that we wouldn't spend a whole lot of money on each other. I was so excited because I found a really cute idea for love coupons over at The Dating Divas they have some coupons on there that you can print out yourself. I took the ideas they had and googled to find other coupon ideas. I ended up with about 72 different ideas. It was a lot of fun putting this together, and I really hope that they will help us to spend time more with each other and to continue to get to know each other.
Nathan came home and surprised me with a gorgeous vase of a dozen roses and a box of See's Chocolates. He is so cute he even got Emily a little box of her own. I think he might have to help her eat hers this year. He is such a sweetheart I love him so much! We had a lovely dinner of steak, shrimp and garlic mashed potatoes, and we actually had our first candle light dinner. We ended up waiting to eat dinner until after Emily went to sleep. As every mommy and daddy know it is a little bit easier to eat dinner when you don't have a screaming baby grabbing everything on the table, balanced on your knee, and trying to eat with one hand. We had such a wonderful day. Each year gets better and better. I can't wait to see what next year has in store.
No comments:
Post a Comment