Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Birthday Girl!

I am so far behind in my blog posts, but Emily hid our camera from us. We couldn't find it for 3 or 4 weeks now. I thought for sure she had thrown it in the trash, but we found it tucked away in our bedroom closet. I am so glad that we were able to find it and be able to be reminded of all our fun memories. I truly believe that there are finding angels.

Back on June 18th we celebrated Emily's one year Birthday. It is so hard to believe that one year has flown by already, and I hear that time only goes faster and faster. I have been planning her party for over a month, and I think it turned out really fun. We ended up doing a pink polk-a-dot theme. I made a circle garland. I got the idea for the invite here, and made a birthday banner using my gypsy and cricut. Her party was a lunch and dessert party. We had deli sandwiches, fruit, vegies, chicken pasta salad, pink oreos, and cupcakes.


I made a teeny tiny cake for her.


.

We had such a wonderful turn out, and Emily had such a fun time being the center of attention. She could not get over all of the flashing lights and singing toys. She was such a gracious little girl. With every single present she got so excited and had to show it to everyone. Even if it was clothes or a book.



 
Emily loved her cake. A little leery about it to begin with, but after a few nibbles she dove right in. She didn't really know what to do with the candle either. We had to blow it out pretty quick because she wanted to touch the flame.

 

I just love this little girl. It has been so much fun being her mom this past year. I can't wait to continue to see her little smiling face, and be a part of all of her new discoveries and developments! To another fun year with our Emily Girl!

1 comment:

  1. The party was so great Maija! Your such an awesome mom Emily is so blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete