My Birthday is tomorrow, and I can't help but feel old. The other day I was talking to Nathan about when I lived in Utah for a year after High School. I stopped and added up how long it has been since then- 8 YEARS! I can't believe it! It is crazy how fast time flies, and how it took turning 26 to feel old. Usually when people hit the big quarter of a century is when you feel old, but for some the following year is harder for me. 8 years since high school and only 4 years until I turn 30. Just a little depressing to think about. Plus I looked in the mirror and found two WHITE hairs not grey but white! On the plus side the other day we were talking to our neighbor and he thought we were both under 25. Which was really nice to be thought of as younger than you actually are (26 and 31.5). So that helps to soften the blow of getting old.
I can't help but think- What have I done with my life? I have actually accomplished quiet a bit. Graduated from high school, got my associates, and BS. I found the love of my life, got married, and have a beautiful little girl. Getting older just makes you realize how precious time is and how we need to make the most of it. It is time to make the most of the next 26 years!
Maija, you are just a young little thing to me! You must have accomplished all the goals you've had for your life to this point, and should feel happy and satisfied with all you've done! You are an amazing young woman, and I'm so glad you're my "daughter"! Love you!
ReplyDelete